The Indian government, through the Ministry of Education (formerly known as HRD), introduced a unique scholarship program called Ishaan Uday in 2014. This initiative operates under the University Grants Commission (UGC). The scheme is aimed at bright students from the North Eastern Region of the country. To apply for this fantastic opportunity, students can use the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Every year, the government opens online applications for interested students. Many students eagerly apply for this excellent scholarship scheme.
About Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
Scheme Name: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2023
Academic Year: 2023-24
Administered By: Government of India
Number of Awardees: 10,000 students annually
Applicable States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Tripura.
Application Process : Online
Application Fees : Nil
Starting Date of Online Application : August , 2023
Last Date of Online Application : November , 2023
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Aims
The Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme for the North Eastern Region has these Aims:
- Equal Chances for Education: Making sure everyone in the North East has the same chance for higher studies.
- More Students in College: Encouraging more students from the region to go to college.
- Special Focus on Job Skills: Paying more attention to courses that help students get good jobs.
- Smart Use of Money: Using the budget for the region in the best way possible.
Starting from 2014-15, this plan aims to give ten thousand (10,000) new scholarships every year. These scholarships are for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, as well as medical and para-medical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme Grant
A sum of Rs. 5400/- per month for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- per month for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para-medical courses) will be provided to the eligible student through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) method
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Types of Educational Institutions: Students from the North Eastern Region (NER) who have completed their Class XII or equivalent exams from schools within NER that are recognized by any authorized Education Board, including the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), located within NER. These students should have secured admission in general degree courses, technical and professional courses (including medical and paramedical courses), integrated courses, etc., in Universities, Colleges, and Institutions that fall under the following categories:
A) Universities/Institutions/Colleges covered by Section 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act. B) Deemed Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, and eligible to receive grants from UGC. C) Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by the Central/State Government. D) Institutes of National Importance. E) Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils, both within and outside NER.
Academic Level: Only students entering their first year of undergraduate studies are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Course Duration: For integrated degree courses, the scholarship is available for the entire duration of the course. However, for dual degree courses, the scholarship is applicable for the first degree only. The university will clarify this when recommending candidates for the scholarship.
Family Income: To qualify for the scholarship, the total annual income of the student’s parents should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh.
Reservation: Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under this scheme, following the norms set by the Government of India.
Ineligibility: The following categories are not eligible for this scholarship:
- Students enrolled in programs through Open Universities.
- Students already benefiting from scholarships for their undergraduate programs from other schemes.
- Students admitted under the ‘management quota.’
- Students enrolled in courses such as Diploma Programs that do not lead to a Degree.
- Students whose parents’ annual income exceeds Rs. 4.5 lakh.
How to Apply Online
For students eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme, applying is simple through the official National Scholarship Portal website. To guide you through the process, we’ve outlined the steps below:
- Access the Online Application Link: Scroll down and locate the “Important Link” section on the website.
- Click on Online Application Link: Click on the provided link, which will open the official web portal in a new browser tab.
- Registration: On the portal, you’ll find the option to register yourself. If you’re renewing your scholarship, there’s no need to register again.
- Enter Details: Provide the required details during the registration process. Keep in mind that if you’re renewing, you’ll need your Student Application ID from before.
- Continue and Login: After registration, a page with your Student Application ID will show up. Make a note of this ID for future reference and click “Continue.” Next, you’ll encounter a login form.
- Login: Enter your User ID and the Password (sent to your registered mobile number), verify the Captcha, and click the orange “Login” button.
- Complete the Application Form: Upon successful login, you’ll be presented with a form. Fill in your Registration Details, Academic Details, and Basic Details.
- Save and Continue: After filling in the necessary information, click the “Save and Continue” button.
- Provide Contact and Scheme Details: You’ll be prompted to provide your Contact Details and Scheme Details. Additionally, you’ll need to upload the required documents.
- Final Submission: Once you’ve entered all the necessary information and uploaded the documents, click the green “Final Submit” button.
- Review and Print: You’ll see a page displaying all the information you’ve entered. To retain a record, click the “Print” button and obtain a copy of the submitted application.
- Submit to Institute: Finally, take the printed application acknowledgement copy along with the requested documents to your institute or college for submission.
This covers the entire process for applying to the Ishan Uday Scholarship. Following these steps ensures a successful application.
Required Documents for Ishan Uday Scholarship
Before you start applying for the ISHAN UDAY scholarship, make sure you have the following essential documents ready. These documents are necessary to complete the application process, so ensure you have them on hand:
- Bank Passbook: A copy of your bank passbook.
- Income Certificate: A document that shows your family’s annual income.
- Aadhaar Card / Bonafide Certificate: Either your Aadhaar Card or a Bonafide Certificate.
- Joining Proforma for Fresh Awardees (Annexure-I): A specific form for students who are applying for the scholarship for the first time.
- Proforma for Renewal (Annexure-II): If you’re renewing your scholarship, this form is needed.
- Domicile State Certificate: A certificate from the proper authority that proves your domicile status in your state.
- Quarterly Continuation Certificate (Annexure-III): A form confirming that you’re continuing your studies each quarter.
- Affidavit (Undertaking for Not Availing Other Scholarship – Annexure-IV): An affidavit on a Rs. 50/- Stamp paper, signed by you or your parent, stating that you’re not receiving any other scholarship.
Important Dates of Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
|Activity||Date (To be updated)|
|Submission Start Date||To be updated|
|Last Date of Online Submission||To be updated|
|Last Date of Defective Verification||To be updated|
|Last Date of Institute Level Verification||To be updated|
Important Web Links
Related : NMMS Scholarship